What Do You Know About ChatGPT? | ninjasquad
In this article, we will explain about ChatGPT, a revolutionary technology, it’s benifit and limitations.
ChatGPT (Chat Generative Pre-trained Transformer) is an AI based automated system launched by OpenAI. It’s a first open-source ChatBot that have long-form question answering and also answers complex questions conversationally.
Now a days, many companies started using ChatBots and almost 30 percent of the tasks are fulfilled by chatbots. With the launch of this revolutionary technology, It is expected that in a few years chatbots will power most of customer service interactions and related tasks. Because it’s trained to learn what humans mean when they can ask a question.
What Is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is developed by OpenAI based on GPT-3.5 using supervised learning as well as reinforcement learning approach. Both the approaches used human trainers to improve the model’s performance.
In the case of supervised learning, the model was provided with conversations in which the trainers played both sides: the user and the AI assistant. In the reinforcement step, human trainers first ranked responses that the model had created in a previous conversation.
So the system have ability to interact in conversational dialogue form and provide responses that can appear surprisingly human. Also it always ready to predict the next word in a series of conversations.
Also OpenAI continues to gather data from ChatGPT users that could be used to further train and fine-tune ChatGPT. By allowing up and down vote on responses to users, system will more fine tuned to use.
Benefits of ChatGPT
The main aim of ChatBot is handle humans conversations. But it can be useful in many areas like ability to write and debug computer programs; to compose music, to answer test questions, to simulate an entire chat room, to play games like tic-tac-toe and much more.
Some of the major benefit include:
- Improve efficiency and accuracy in NLP-related tasks.
- Get Quick and accurate responses to a wide range of questions.
- Help with a wide range of tasks that require the human interactions.
Limitations of ChatGPT
Despite many features and benifit of it, it also suffers from multiple limitations. There can be few limitations such as:
- Sometimes writes plausible-sounding but incorrect or nonsensical answers.
- The current model takes a guess when the user provides an ambiguous query. Ideally, it should ask clarifying questions.
- Training data also suffers from algorithmic bias.
- While the model usually refuses to accept inappropriate requests, it does sometimes respond to harmful instructions.
- ChatGPT has limited knowledge of events that occurred after 2021.
As we have seen few limitations of this, but with the user’s feedbacks and system updates, ChatGPT improves to cover all areas that’s it lacking.
As mentioned previously, it’s a revolutionary technology that will change the way of workings. Currently, it’s free to use and million users have registred to use ChatGPT. But with it’s importance, people don’t hesitate to pay for it.